What is prefelt? It is not the same as roving or top. Wool prefelt is a lightly needled or loosely felted sheet of felt-like fabric. Living midway between being dyed carded wool and becoming sturdy wool felt fabric, prefelt requires additional felting to become a durable fabric.
Our exclusive, thin and extra-fine prefelt sheets promise to save you time when incorporated into your wet, nuno and dry needle felting projects. 19 micron merino wool (very soft).
- Tear apart for soft edges or cut for defined edges
- Felt directly on the surface of fabric or fiber
- Prefelt as a base and layer and felt other fibers onto it
- Create your own multi-colored felt sheets with prefelt and dyed wool roving
- Needle prefelt onto any of our wool felt
- Cut shapes for decorating or patching finished articles
- Make table runners, scarves, playmats, wall hangings...
Shrinkage can be significant. The width and length can be increased with a little steam ironing, but not too much or you will felt your prefelt.
Sizes are approximate
Origin: Australian merino wool needled and dyed in Europe. Oeko-Tex certified free of harmful substances.
Colors in additional image, from top to bottom: Berry, Black, Buttercup, Chocolate, Cobalt, Jade Stone, Lapis Blue, Natural White, Oregano, Paprika, Pewter, Purple Gem, Spruce Green, Tomato
Prices range from $4.95 - $24.95
Absolutely LOVE this felt!
Posted by Molly on 2nd Sep 2015
I received some of this as a gift and absolutely LOVE it! It is so easy to work with, is so soft, and the colors are beautiful. Much easier to store too as it comes in these lovely flat sheets!
My new "go to"
Posted by Stacy Adams on 4th Aug 2014
I can't believe this hasn't been reviewed as of yet! Surely someone else has loved it also?! I needle felt pictures/paintings and am thrilled with this. I did the 20x72 in natural white and love it. I will be coming back for more, many times in the future.