From wood crafts and kitchen play to felting and seasonal celebrations, we've found these wood eggs useful for so many things! They are just the size of a hen's egg so fit perfectly in an empty egg carton.
As a family, group or party activity you can:
- felt around one, allow it to dry then cut the mid-section after drying to remove the egg leaving a wooly egg-shaped vessel
- felt around another, leave the wool on the egg for a weighted wool egg
- paint an egg with any of our paints
- decorate with shapes of pressed-on decorating wax
- protect the wood or paint with beeswax polish
Dimensions of one egg: 2-1/2" tall x 1-3/4" diameter
Wood: Birch or Maple
Quantity: Set of 6 (egg carton not included)
Here's a helpful Wet Felting Woolen Vessel tutorial we found online which shows how to make a container by felting around a golf ball. You can do the same thing with a wood egg using Merino or Corriedale available in our Fiber section.
Ages 2 and up.